On the Fourth Day of Treats, Eric’s Grandmother gave to me…

4 Square of Fudge

3 Butter Cookies

2 Pumpkin Pielets

And a recipe for Jewy Chewy Treats.

Eric and I started dating right around this time last year. I would be lying to you if I said that in that time I did not gain a little “happy weight.” With all the dining out and chocolates and lovey dovey things happening, I packed on more than a couple lbs. And, while I attribute the new found warm and fuzzy feelings to 70% of the weight I put on, I attribute the fudge that Eric’s grandma gave him for the other 30%.

I had never really been a huge fudge person, but this fudge was magical. When I took that first bight of chocolate goodness, the heavens opened up and angels sang backup as Billy Joel serenaded me with She’s Got a Way.


When I decided to do the Twelve Days of Treats, I instantly knew I had to make the fudge. Get fudge. Get fudge. Get fudge. Over and over again in my head. I begged Eric to track down this fudge recipe for me. I kept thinking how it must be some super secret, ancient family fudge recipe. It was super secret. As secret as the my love of garlic. The recipe just so happens to be on the back of the Kraft Marshmallow Fluff jar, which just so happens to be in every major grocery store in America.

What? You aren’t from America? Okay, okay, I will give you the recipe. You might have to mail order the fluff for non U.S. residents, but don’t worry, it looks like plastic so I’m sure it isn’t that perishable.

You will need:
3 cups sugar
¾ cups (1+1/2 sticks of butter)
1 7oz jar of marshmallow fluff
1+1/2 packages of Baker’s Semi Sweet Chocolates (12 cubes)
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 oz evaporated milk
1 cup chopped walnuts

Start by lining a casserole dish or baking pan with aluminum foil.

In a medium sauce pan, bring the butter, sugar and milk to a boil. Let it boil for 4 minutes, stirring consistently.

After four minutes, remove from the heat. Be very precise about the time because it will not set up correctly if not hot enough or too hot.

When you have removed the liquid from the heat, melt in the chocolate and the fluff.

When well combine, add the vanilla and the nuts and mix till combined.

As soon as it is combined poor it into the aluminum lined dish and let cool.

I suggest over night in the refrigerator. You can cut it into squares with a sharp knife or break it apart.

Now, no matter what continent you live on, you have no excuse to be fudge less. Don’t you want hear magical Billy singing angels? If not, I don’t think we can be friends.

Love and Beer Floats